Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
I started out with a batch of Grandmother's Bread (made in bread maker)-- the best, softest, simplest ingredient bread I have found! And it's just like the bread Mom used to make!
Roll out into a rectangle, and from here on out, I DO NOT HAVE AN EXACT MEASUREMENT OF ANYTHING!!
Spread 1/4c - 1/2c butter, margarine, even tubbed butter; grab a handful of brown sugar, spread it all over; sprinkle on cinnamon until it looks coated, and my secret ingredient --- nutmeg!! Sprinkle that over, but not as much as the cinnamon!
Now roll up into a roll lengthwise
Chop the log of cinnamon roll into an even amount of chunks
Place into a 9x13 pan, or if yours still has chocolate cake in it like mine (!), use your pie plates!
Now, cover with a towel -- this is my "Bread Raising Towel". I use it always, just fold up and put in my bread raising bowl.
Let it double in size
Preheat oven to 350 F....Bake for about 25-30 minutes, taking out when top is golden brown.
Okay, now they are baking! I make up a frosting to put on them as soon as they come out of the oven, so it melts all around.....
2 c powdered sugar
1/3 c butter
2 T milk
1 t vanilla or a drop of cinnamon oil (foodgrade)
Beat together with mixer until it's creamy and tastes mmmmm mmmmm good !
Now!! It's Done !
Recipe from my friend Cindy :)
Herb & Onion Cheeseball Bites
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment